Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Day in the Taylor House




That was Sunday, November the 23rd for those of you that didn't know.


The meal was a big success. I decided on the turkey recipe from Alton Brown and I DVR'd his special "romancing the bird" and watched it about 4 times. We soaked the turkey in a brine and it really did make a difference. I think the only thing I'd do differently is to leave it at the high setting a little longer or take the little cover over the breast off earlier so it would have gotten browner on top. Other than that - it was juicy and great - not too bad for a 1st attempt.


Besides the bird hoopla, it was really fun to be with my husband, son, mom, and sisters. Everyone pitched in and the food was great. I blew my "diet" but I'm back on the wagon again. At least until Thursday when we do it all again at my mother-in-laws.

1 comment:

alexandra said...

It looks great!!! I'm proud of you!! (In a non-patronizing way, of course)