Sunday, November 16, 2008

My first (and maybe last) TURKEY

It's finally here. The day is fast approaching when I will cook my first turkey. I don't feel prepared at all...... It may seem odd, but it's true - in my 30 years I have never even attempted to cook a turkey. I've cooked a little chicken before, but even that didn't turn out so great.

Sunday (yes THIS Sunday) my family is coming over and I'm making Thanksgiving dinner. My mom is helping of course, but when we were discussing the plans, I heard myself volunteering to take care of everything including the turkey. What was I thinking?

Anyway - Jason (who is a great cook) has volunteered to help and I've been researching some faves at www.foodnetwork.com, but any great tips or helpful hints some of you more experienced chefs can give is very welcome. Take advantage - I don't ask for other people's input very often ;)

1 comment:

alexandra said...

You can do it!! Don't forget to take pictures!